Day 2 of Puppy Class was this past Saturday and I must take a moment to gush about how smart my monkey is. There were a few less puppies and their hoomans in attendance. I guess we're going to eventually weed out the pet owners who aren't as motivated to make the extra effort. Sunny was there and the two chihua.. chiwa... taco bell dogs as well. The evil Toto dogs and the mixed shelter rescue and her 7 people didn't show. Though I support the training of all dogs (whether formal or not), I confess I was glad to have a smaller class. It made for fewer distractions and better results. The lesson for week 2 of puppy class was "Down", as in Lay Down. Though still a work in progress, Gus is picking it up very quickly. He does it even if treats are not involved and though his appropriate response is still hit and miss, I think he's got it. The main barrier is his puppy brain and the inability to get him to "focus focus focus". Once we actually have his attention, he's a super star. We have a break next Saturday while our trainer, Jessica, has some minor surgery. The goal for 2 weeks from now is for Gus to master “sit” and “down” and for his mommy to learn how to successfully spell the word “Chihuahua.”
******
Legal at Last
Gus and Chloe went and got licensed on Saturday. There were no complications with the process, they behaved themselves decently amidst all the excitement, and we only had to pay $5 for each dog. Of course, I forgot to mention exactly WHEN we had moved. And I didn't exactly mention WHEN I had rescued Chloe from her old family. Had they asked, I'd have been honest. In this case, silence was the best policy.
Ms.B pats her hair to make sure it is still covering her devil horns
It's nice to have everything taken care of regarding the dogs. Now, if one of them runs off we'll be able to get them back much more easily. They are both micro chipped and we've taken the necessary steps to avoid any fees. They even have their shiny new "I'm Legal" tags attached to the harnesses they wear when walking. Of course, there is always Granny Dog to factor in to the picture. If she were to run off we'd be in trouble since:
A) She's not licensed
B) She's a third dog in our home and we're only supposed to have 2 (!!)
C) We've kept her in the house and the back yard since we've had her so most people don't know she's ours.
She does have a tag on her collar with our number on it so hopefully if she does manage to spy-tech her way to freedom, a good samaritan will find her and just give us a call. Let us all hope and pray that she decides her old bones should just stick around the Haven and not seek adventure.
Ms.B
Monday, January 22, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








2 comments:
Keeping those dogs sounds like a handful.
Indeed. It's a good thing they are worth it!
Post a Comment