Thursday, January 18, 2007

Reality Check

I've come to the realization that it is much easier and more enjoyable to blog about silly, insignificant occurrences than to write about the serious side of life. The Haven Blog is still in its infancy, but I enjoy having an outlet for my thoughts and emotions, as silly as they may be. I sit down each day and just pour out all my goofy ideas and stories and when I am done, I feel like I've accomplished something. It matters not that I am one of only 2 or 3 people who knows this Blog exists... I'm not writing it for anyone but myself anyway. For literary genius in blog form there are other blogs that are much more enjoyable.

Today it is time for a serious post. My DH isn't doing well. Don't get me wrong, its not like he has one foot in the grave and the other on a banana peel or anything but he's having some health problems. Tuesday night at 9:30 DH became so ill that he threw up. The difference between Tuesday and about a dozen or so other nights at around 9:30 (Don't even ask me to begin explaining why he is always sick at 9:30 and ONLY 9:30.) is that there was blood in his vomit this time. He called the Insta-Care near our home and they told him that he should go to the Emergency Room.

Two hours later we were in a room at the E.R. of the local hospital. DH had an I.V. in his arm and they were pumping him full of drugs. To check his stomach for a bleed, they had to stick a large tube down his nose into his stomach. I won't even begin to attempt to describe the discomfort that the tube caused my poor sweet man. For one, I didn't experience it. And if I went by HIS description, I'd have to use a lot of four-letter words which could be offensive to any reader who randomly surfs onto this Blog.

In the end, they decided the bleeding wasn't too bad, pulled the nasty tube out, gave us a prescription for drugs and sent us on our way. The discharge papers stated that he has a peptic ulcer.

He slept for quite a while after we got home and seemed semi-better in the afternoon when we went to get his medicine. That evening (talk about timing!) my parents showed up at our house with their old bedroom furniture which they've been so kind to give us. DH and my Daddy spent an hour moving our old bed set upstairs into the guest room and the new bed, dresser, hutch and matching bed-side tables into our bedroom. My mother and I ran around doing our best to look like we were trying to help. Now he has a nice king sized bed to do his resting in so I hope he feels better. In an attempt to help his stress levels go down, he has withdrawn from his classes at the University and is taking the semester off. Hopefully we will get him back up to snuff so he'll be rearing and ready to go for the summer courses. My work was kind enough to let me take some time off to get the prescriptions filled and pick up the food/drink items that the nurse had recommended.

I need to be a good little wife and come up with some clever, non-stressful ways I can spoil my poor darling. My sweetie pie. My delicate little flower. My best friend.

No comments: