Tuesday, May 8, 2007

The $114 Pen

Shortly before 8:00 this morning, the DH woke me up and I slowely got dressed in a sleepy daze. I staggered out the door, we hopped in our SUV and I drove him to the hospital. I now know that I am capable of operating a vehicle with my eyes closed. JUST KIDDING! We arrived in perfect fashion and began our "arrive-on-time-wait-an-hour-anyway" experience. At long last, the woman who initially greeted us stopped gossiping with her co-workers long enough to ask "Hasn't anyone helped you yet?" She helped the DH fill out his paperwork and then asked us for our co-pay. She then invited us to help ourselves to the jar of pens on the counter. "Your co-pay is $114 and you might as well have something to show for it!", she said.

... Um... yeah. And then they wisked DH off to surgery.

In the end, they told us that he is suffering from a hiatal hernia.

It is nice to finally know what has been causing all his discomfort. Hopefully it will respond well to treatment and he can finally return to a normal routine of working. It's kind of important that happens since he's already used up all of his vacation days for 2007. No trips anywhere for us this year! The recovery time from the procedure was swift. On the way home from the hospital we stopped and he bought fast food. (!!) Wish I could regain my appetite that quickly after surgery. I must be a poosy.

Ms.B

No comments: