It is sad that something as fun as NBA basketball can bring out the worst in some
Lurking in the shadows, hiding behind random screen names, however, are some bandwagon wannabees that are giving those true fans a bad wrap. Constant complaints. They are really grasping at straws to regain their pride. Stooping to saying the refs gave away games and that they must all be Mormons with 5 wives. It's sad really. What a dumb stereotype. Does saying that crap make them feel better? Are the un-educated non-Californians of the world supposed to assume that everyone from the Bay area is GAY? Of course not. And for the record there is NOTHING wrong with being either Mormon OR gay. I'm just making a point here, folks. And for the record, does anyone think that a ref would have the energy and stamina to keep up with NBA players on a court if he had FIVE WIVES!?
Another stupid excuse is that the air is thinner in Utah so that is why the Warriors lost. Thin air? What the heck? I am aware that there might be some thinner air in states like Utah up through Montana but a conditioned athlete shouldn't have any issues with something like that. And that particular whine is extra stupid considering that the Utah Jazz players aren't from Utah either. They just happen to have an address here since the Jazz franchise gives them their paycheck. Sheesh.
Oh, and here is a good one. The Jazz STOLE the idea of wearing matching T-shirts at their game. Raise your hand if you think that the Warrior's yellow shirts in round 1 were the first time an arena has passed out matching shirts. Anyone? ... anyone? Oh. No one. Hrmm... what a silly argument. I did see an AWESOME picture of the Warrior stars with their heads photo shopped onto a photo of Mormon missionaries that cracked me up though. Now THERE is a visual.
And of course the refs are blamed for the losses. I think the calls were pretty even. The home team always has good karma on their side but the Warriors can't complain about not getting any calls. They had free throws in the game. How else could they have missed them? The guard for Utah was on the bench for half the game as well with two fouls that were called in the first minute of the game. Oh, and with their only back-up guard at a local hospital with a neck injury, they had a lanky, goofy forward playing at the point. What the heck?
Now on the other side of the coin, SHAME on the Utah Jazz fans that are being poor winners and/or retaliating to the rude things that are being said. There is no excuse for saying terms like "The GAY area" or calling all Golden State fans "thugs". Keep in mind that only ONE Warrior is on trial for being a thug and his actions happened in the mid-west. NOT in California. And he is innocent until proven guilty, while we are on that point. But enough of that talk. If I wanted to blog about a guilty man I'd have a Phil Spector entry. Oh SNAP! I'd be
Another disappointment is Amare Stoudemire. I am disgusted that Stoudemire said that the Spurs were a "dirty team". Regardless of whether or not he feels it is true, it is NOT classy to say it. I am very disappointed in him. Beating the Spurs would be a major accomplishment and since I consider them to be the best team in the league I've been cheering for the Suns to win. (I'm a sucker for the underdog.) Now my enthusiasm to cheer for the Suns is dead.
I guess I'll have to stick with the Jazz / Warriors series.
Ms.B








No comments:
Post a Comment