On Wednesday I met most of the girls and leaders who will be on the annual Girl's Camp adventure this year. Admittedly, I was nervous ahead of time. Camping is not my niche. Combine that with the fact that teenage girls are scary enough as it is and you have a sure-fire recipe for disaster. 'Lady Luck' shined upon me though, as the girls turned out to be fun, nice, and interactive. The group gets along well, no obvious clicks or snobbery, and they seemed to include everyone in the activity as we learned about First Aide. A good time was had by all.
I might just enjoy camp this year.
Perhaps half of my fears for this camping situation stem from my experience last year. In my old neighborhood, I was helping with some camp preparation as well. Different leaders, different girls, same objective, and I was not looking forward to it. The ages of the girls and the social circles they traveled in were vastly varied and it seemed that things would not be as cohesive and enjoyable as they could be. The leaders there were rather stuck-up as well.
This new group doesn't seem destined for such problems.
YAY CAMP!
Friday, May 25, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








No comments:
Post a Comment