This weekend, during my breaks between "Build this Fence" adventures, I relaxed on the computer and watched a little television and happened to catch the RHS (Real Hollywood Story) coverage on Rachael Ray. It was a sweet, harmless ditty on her history both personally as well as professionally. It showed her start in the food business as well as the path that seemingly dragged her into the spotlight. The only part of the show that seemed a little "off" was the coverage on an anti-Rachel website called "Rachel Ray Sux".
Let me just express that I have watched some of Rachael Ray's food shows. I've seen episodes of them all. Some I like, some I don't. 30-minute meals is fun. Tasty Travels annoys. I've never tried any of her recipes and I could go the rest of my life without hearing the terms "Yum-O" and "E-V-O-O" (Extra Virgin Olive Oil). HOWEVER, Rachael Ray is far more pleasing to the senses than the sour, fat, bitter woman who runs the website linked above. They only showed her for 30 seconds and that was enough for me. Ugh.
Please understand that I do respect that people in the public eye are never going to appeal to everyone. That is what makes the world exciting. I get that, and I even dig it. Variety is a wonderful thing. But if you hate something or someone why would you invest so much time in them? Spending hours each day on a website, watching every episode you can so that you can pick apart what she says, hanging on every word, buying her magazines so you can criticize the articles, purposely attending her husband's shows at nightclubs so you can mock his music... Can anyone say "STALKER"? No one should spend that much time persevorating on someone unless they are secretly in love with them. Rachael Ray could legitimately be the healthiest relationship that the webmaster of RRSux has ever been in. And that, my friends, is very sad.
Monday, May 7, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








No comments:
Post a Comment