The backyard of the Haven is almost complete. The fence is nearly done, the weeds are gone and grass is growing in the bare patch where the old outhouse was.
Outhouse? Yes, the prior owners had a decorative outhouse (NOT functional) in the backyard when we first toured the place. They were quick to tell us, during our tour, that it was not staying with the property.
........What a shame.
Last night I managed to dig out one of the two metal posts that were being used to support the old, broken fence to the side of the house. With the new post in, there isn't a need for it any more. The other post will come out today. DH says he plans to remove it. If he doesn't have time, I will be tackling it myself.
*flexing*
Me strong woman. Arrrr.
*realizing I have no muscle tone when I flex*
How sad.
In any case, the hardest of the hard work is all done and it is great to see things coming together nicely. I find gardening and yard work to be somewhat therapeutic for me. My hands in the dirt, making things grow... it's wonderful. And nothing tastes better than a tomato from my own vine.
Thursday, May 31, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








No comments:
Post a Comment